"How intense can be the longing to escape from the emptiness and dullness of human verbosity, to take refuge in nature, apparently so inarticulate, or in the wordlessness of long, grinding labour, of sound sleep, of true music, or of a human understanding rendered speechless by emotion!" — Boris Pasternak - Doctor Zhivago (via lightatdusk) posted
"You never need to apologize
for how you chose to survive." — Clementine von Radics posted
"Faking smiles. Oversized clothing. No make-up. Dark bags under the eyes. Heavy sighs. Drowning the mind. No tears. Unhealthy habits. Forcing laughter. Never ending pain. Silence." — The characteristics of emptiness by P.P. (via oceanflowerbird) posted
"1) Eat better. You have a chalkboard; use it. Make menus. Plan meals.
2) Read at least one chapter of a book for fun each day.
3) Go on a drive once a week. Have no particular destination other than a stop for iced tea. Put on music and see where you end up.
4) Listen to a record straight through without doing anything else. Sometimes music needs your full attention.
5) Doodle. Who cares how shitty of an artist you are? Give it a shot. Create.
6) Go to coffee shops. There’s a million in the city. Get out of the house for a while.
7) Ask a friend to go to dinner. Simply as friends and for no particular reason. Pick up the bill.
8) Allow yourself to fall in love. Let things happen. See where it goes. Take the risk." — Joshua Angell || Eight Things To Start Doing (via joshwritespoetry) posted
"I just wanna go on more adventures. Be around good energy. Connect with people. Learn new things. Grow." — (via msreezy) posted
"Some days I woke up and got out of bed and brushed my teeth like any normal human being; some days I woke up and lay in bed and looked at the ceiling and wondered what the hell the point was of getting out of bed and brushing my teeth like any normal human being." — Ned Vizzini, It’s Kind of a Funny Story (via fawun) posted